"Booz Allen has been using OPNET products for over
10 years. The Booz Allen SAFECOM team selected OPNET because of the high fidelity
of its products, which is a paramount consideration for matters of public
Booz Allen Hamilton
Defense Network Simulation
The OPNET Modeler® Wireless Suite for Defense supports the unique R&D requirements of the defense community, including research and development of network protocols and architectures crucial to Network-Centric Warfare implementations. Three-dimensional displays of network simulations incorporate topology, node relationships, and performance statistics, overlaid on a realistically rendered terrain. Modeler Wireless Suite for Defense enables analysis and prediction of communications effects in the theater of operations.
The suite is used by the world's largest defense organizations and contractors to accelerate the R&D of network protocols, devices, and architectures including MANET protocol development, JTRS/Bowman Radio design, and WIN-T/FCS architecture studies. Defense network planners and architects can analyze end-to-end behavior, tune network performance, and develop custom protocols to optimally support the warfighter.
Visualize network behavior by overlaying communications effects onto a dynamic 3D scenario.
Plan mobile network deployments to support the warfighter.Understand the effects of terrain and urban environments on signal attenuation.
- Fastest simulation engine among leading industry solutions
- Hundreds of wired/wireless protocol and vendor device models with source code (complete OPNET Model Library)
- Object-oriented modeling
- Hierarchical modeling environment
- Scalable wireless simulations incorporating terrain, mobility, and multiple pathloss models including TIREM
- Customizable wireless modeling
- Discrete Event, Hybrid, and optional Analytical simulation
- 32-bit and 64-bit fully parallel simulation kernel
- Grid computing support for distributed simulation
- Animation and 3D visualization
- Optional System-in-the-Loop to interface simulations with live systems
- Realistic Application Modeling and Analysis
- HLA-based co-simulation
- Open interface for integrating external object files, libraries,
and other simulators
- Integrated, GUI-based debugging and analysis