OPNET’s SP Guru®
Network Planner and IT Guru®
Network Planner enable planning and design of multi-technology, multi-vendor networks. Network Planner’s unique ability to model the behavior of the entire network and the supported applications:
- Delivers precise predictions in what-if scenarios to accurately plan for growth, change, technology migration, and new application deployment.
- Supports planning key initiatives such as data center migration, deployment of Unified Communications, VPN, and IPv6 migration.
- Automates capacity planning, survivability analysis, and traffic engineering.
- Provides a platform for validating network changes before deploying to the production network.
Carriers, ISPs, cable operators, wireless service providers, and enterprises obtain significant ROI from Network Plannerís ability to advance service and technology deployments, meet service level agreements, and maximize existing network investments.
click to enlarge
For Service Providers
OPNETís SP Guru Network Planner provides the following additional capabilities for service providers:
- Perform automated off-line MPLS traffic engineering using exclusive OPNET algorithms that optimize resource utilization and increase service survivability. Plan and analyze network survivability based on MPLS Fast-Reroute (FRR) protection and network QoS based on Diff-Serv Aware Traffic Engineering (DS-TE).
- Plan for MPLS-based L2 VPNs, BGP/MPLS-based L3 VPNs, and VPLS/VPWS carrier Ethernet services.
- Optimize peering relationships and determine the impact of core failures, peering failures, peering changes, and BGP policies on inter-AS traffic.
- Design and analyze IS-IS networks. Optimize IS-IS link metrics to minimize link utilization and reduce delay using automated IGP traffic engineering design actions.
- Analyze and design multi-layer IP/MPLS over SONET/SDH, OTN, and (D)WDM networks. Multi-layer support encompasses the underlying optical transport network through integration with SP Guru® Transport Planner.
Carriers, ISPs, cable operators, wireless service providers, government agencies, and large enterprises achieve significant return on investment by using SP Guru Network Planner to:
- Reduce time-to-market for next-generation network and service deployments.
- Maximize return on network infrastructure investments.
- Optimize network performance and utilization.
- Minimize network downtime and lost revenues.
- Enhance operational efficiencies with multi-layer planning.
click to enlarge