Ensuring Application Quality Through
and Predictive Analytics
Enterprise Management Associates
"[AppInternals Xpert] has proven itself to be a valuable tool for J2EE application performance troubleshooting at BAE Systems. We previously used several software packages to identify patterns and problem areas, which can now be performed with OPNET's integrated solution, [AppInternals Xpert]. The level of detail shown by [AppInternals Xpert] has given us valuable insight into our J2EE and .NET applications, which enabled us to resolve significant performance bottlenecks."
Principal Systems Engineer
AppInternals Xpert provides comprehensive .NET monitoring and analysis
capabilities including support for Microsoft solutions such as SharePoint
AppInternals Xpert provides real-time performance analysis of complex applications by monitoring system and application metrics within each server, across all tiers. AppInternals Xpert automatically spots performance anomalies with advanced deviation tracking and correlation technologies, pinpointing symptoms that might otherwise go undetected. AppInternals Xpert’s proactive notifications, summary dashboards and interactive drill-downs provide valuable insight into application usage and performance patterns, while reducing the risk of application deployment failures and production outages.
AppInternals Xpert features high resolution data captures, visibility at the method level, and cross-tier analytics for both .NET and J2EE applications. Support for the .NET framework covers extensive metrics collection, event and metric correlation, dynamic threshold alarms, transaction tracing, and identification of application errors.
AppInternals Xpert is successfully used by customers in production and QA environments. It is used to reduce application downtime, accelerate troubleshooting, and ensure successful application deployment.
AppInternals Xpert Return on Investment
Reduce Application Downtime: AppInternals Xpert’s round-the-clock monitoring and intelligent alarms proactively detect production performance issues, enabling application teams to resolve problems before end-users are impacted.
Typical .NET Questions Answered by AppInternals Xpert
Ensure Successful Deployment of High-Performance Applications: AppInternals Xpert automatically analyzes performance breakpoints enabling QA load testing teams to provide detailed feedback to development.
Accelerate Problem Resolution: AppInternals Xpert’s in-depth automated analysis enables development and support teams to rapidly troubleshoot and optimize performance.
Broad Support for both .NET and J2EE
View metrics whose values have been the furthest outside of their "normal" range for a particular time interval.
- What .NET classes had a large change in response time relative to what’s normal for that time of day?
- What are the current values for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for my application?
- When my application is slow, what are my slowest .NET classes?
- Did any metrics, on any tier, change dramatically at the same time my application exhibited performance problems?
- When my reporting ASP.NET page is slow, is anything on SQL Server correlated?
- Is there a relationship between intermittent CPU spikes and the execution of particular ASP.NET pages or generic classes?
- As load increases, what .NET classes scale disproportionately compared with their peers?
- Are CPU, disk or transaction rates disproportionate to workload?
- What were my overall slowest .NET classes last week?
Easily compare values for sets of related metrics. AppInternals Xpert automatically discovers correlated metrics, identifying cause-and-effect relationships across tiers and technologies.
Deep transaction tracing enables a detailed, diagrammatic presentation of execution times at the method level, with drill-down to details such as specific ADO calls and SQL statements.